Use the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to show vehicle data (Free) and optional history report
One should be aware of the fact that certain vehicles will have undisclosed issues that insurers may possess information about.
According to the Royal Automobile Club (RAC) in the United Kingdom, 1 in 3 cars may have undisclosed problems. Exercise caution before finalizing your purchase and we recommend taking the following 2 simple steps:
1. Thorough Inspection: Before committing to the purchase, conduct a comprehensive inspection of the vehicle. Pay attention to its overall condition, both visually and mechanically. Take someone with you for a second opinion.
2. Online Vehicle History Check: Ensure you've performed a 'Full Vehicle History Check' through an industry-approved online car check service, such as the one offered on this website.
By following these 2 simple - but established guidelines, you can make an informed choice when buying any used vehicle.
Include the comprehensive Vehicle History Report with your car to help instill confidence in the prospective buyer, assuring them of the integrity of the sale.
1. Enter your car VIN in the search box above for a Free Vin vehicle data report.
2. Access the Full vehicle background check (additional) - read online and access the history report via the emailed link for future access.
Report details will be dependent on vehicle type and country of manufacturer.
For the majority of UK and EU vehicles, the VIN can be found here:
1. Either side of the front windscreen - bottom section.
2. Either side of the front doors internal fame.
3. Log book (UK: the V5C) - Chassis/Frame No. This will show the VIN number of the registered vehicle.
Note: '0' in any VIN code is always the number 0, not the letter.
Find full information about this service in our Help & FAQ page.
vinReport is dedicated to bringing interesting data on vehicles to the fore. https://www.vinreport.co.uk is a website of UK based Insight Eye Publishing. We are an official partner of carVertical LLC and may receive a remuneration from carVertical for providing extended vehicle data information.
Our extended vehicle check reports are provided by NMVTIS approved data provider carVertical for UK, EU and International vehicles.
cV Group, UAB. Aukstaiciu 7, LT-11341 Vilnius, Lithuania. VAT code: LT100008017213
carVertical, LLC. 1 N Franklin St. Ste 1200, Chicago, IL 60606
carVertical: UK, EU. DVLA: UK. NHTSA: Some EU & international vehicles.
AutoBild - TopGear - Forbes - Reuters - BuzzFeed^